Wednesday 10 February 2010

More Wildflower Pics

 I just want to say thanks for all the nice emails of support this morning during my show.  It's really great to know that you are watching and enjoying it.  The hour seemed to fly by so quickly and I don't think that many of my samples got a chance to be seen (although it is kind of a blur to me!)  So I thought I would post a few more so you can see the versatility of these stamps.  There are so many techniques that work well with them.
This card was made using the ultra thick embossing technique called "cracked glass."  You stamp into the ultra thick and then put your piece in the freezer for a bit, then bring it out and give it a quick bend and it cracks into these cool areas.  It is difficult to see in this pic, though.  I used some black soot distress ink to highlight the cracked areas even more.This one is a quick and easy card using a small piece of decorative paper I had lying around and then just stamped the flowers in black on to it.  The green piece was run through an embossing folder.  Add a sentiment and a bow and your done!This one is simply stamped with clear perfect medium, then brayered over it for a resist.  Then I finished by stamping and embossing in white for a dramatic contrast.  Add a satin bow (I love my ribbons!) and your card is complete!

I hope you like these.  They are not my usual style but I did have a great time making them.  I know you would have a blast with these stamp sets and they are now available on the Particraft website for you.  All for now, Sue x

29 comments:

Kathy K said...

love your cards...I'm going to try the last one.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

All the cards are so pretty Sue and I love your big bows!!! TFS

Hugs,
Terry

☼ Cheryl* said...

They are fantastic!! My fav is the 2nd :) the other 2 are soooo good too!

Wilma said...

just love the cards an i love using UTEE as well burnt fingers to prove it LOL and you do bows so very well! :) xx

fairie said...

Oh Gosh, these are such such gorgous cards. You did such a great job.

xoxo hugz

Rufus said...

Love your cards! Great examples of these techniques and shows off the stamps well.
R/

Annette said...

Wow there fantastic, oh no i can feel another spend coming on!!! Sandra x

Beckie said...

Well you certainly inspired me. I've been using Alcohol Inks for some time, but they've been a little neglected of late. Time they saw the air again I think. xx

Beckie said...

ooooh, and I've just noticed we only need 4 more followers for the next candy draw......

JAN said...

pure deliciousness

Suzanne said...

STUNNING cards - loved the show ,so many ideas now
Thanks for sharing

veronica said...

gorgeous cards - especially the first one!

Lorraine said...

such gorgeous creations and the show was great thankyou xx

Wellington said...

Sadly had to watch the show in a bit of a hurry due to SKy+ probs, but loved the bits I managed to take in! Keep forgetting to try the cracked UTEE technique, as I have a ton of cards to make for March I may have to have a go :D That would be after I've been to have a drool over those new plates again...

Rosietoes said...

I wish there had been more time for more demos but what we did see was fabulous.
Love these stamps and you have really done them justice.
Edna x

Annette said...

Beautiful cards! I love the techniques you used! I must try! Annette
http://studioapapercreations.blogspot.com/

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

whoops! Try again.
Enjoyed your bits of the show, great demos, fairly simple to do but inspiring. Really love the flourish on the first card - where can they be obtained?

More 'must haves'.
Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Working nights I have just caught your show which I recorded and thank goodness I did! The techniques and samples were so inspirational and your enthusiasm is wonderfully catching. Thank you for sharing all the samples we saw and I shall add this to my collection on dvd to watch again in the future. My absolute favourite so far - the Jacob's coat technique to use up unuseable papers. Wonderful! PatW

Lesley S said...

Sue your cards are just beautiful and what a great job you do in showing us these techniques. Its great when C&C demonstrators shut up long enough to enable you to do this, although Martin is pretty good and recognises our need to see your demos. Thanks again for showing your enthusiasm and love of the craft.

Beadyjan said...

They are all pretty special, I must watch the show.

Kath said...

Great show Sue, you showed everyone how versatile the stamps are. Can you please come down to Cornwall to do a workshop. Kath x

Vee said...

Oh my Sue, came over to say how much I enjoyed the show and WOW you have hit 500 followers: CONGRATS.
Veronica

Unknown said...

Wonderful show, love the first card with the cracked UTEE, saw a glimpse of it on the show and wanted a closer look, thank you

Tonje said...

Oh gosh... these cards are amazing!

Olga said...

The 3rd card is great, I'll try to recreate it :)

Pink Heather said...

Gorgeous cards. I especially like the top one. It looks so dark and mysterious.

paperscissors said...

the colours of the second card are very appealing to me! i can't imagine just picking up a scrap of paper and having this as an end result!

Debbie Harris said...

Your wildflower cards are stunning!!!