Friday 27 October 2017

Christmas Double Day

Hello crafters!  Two completely different cards today, both from my Christmas Hochanda shows.  First up is a navy blue and white card (I know it does look black but it is really blue).  I demoed this one but if you missed the shows, here's a quick rundown.  I started by cutting the Frosty Frame out of Navy Blue card and using the inner cutting die to create a frame.  I added a very thin bit of mounting foam around the solid edge to raise it.  I used the Lattice Ribbon die and cut it out of coconut white card twice extended it to create the background for the frame.  I attached it to a piece of white card with a sticky adhesive sheet on it and then glittered the exposed adhesive with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  I attached the Frosty frame then trimmed away the excess card from the background.  Next I create a thin framed area for it to sit inside by partially cutting the inside frame from the Gingerbread man.  I moved the frame along, extending it by slotting it back in at a further point.  This is easily done if you just leave the top cutting plate off of the original cut area, only to cut the new extended area.  I backed it with Navy blue card to show through the design, then added a double sided tape border around the edge which I sprinkled more white Glitterbitz on.  I seated the Frosty Frame in the centre of it.  .  I cut the tag from the Frosty Frame set in navy blue card then seated the Tis the season in white in the centre.  The card was completed with white and Navy Blue card mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/2" x  8 1/2" in size.  Scroll down for card number two.

















Card number two also uses the frame form the Gingerbread man die set, but in a different way.  I started this one by using the Nordic Christmas mask on a piece of coconut white card.  I used the Frosted Sparkle Glitter Kiss through the mask and allowed it to dry thoroughly.  Once dry, I cut the frame in white and added a ruby red card backing to it to show through the design and attached it over the mask, trimming away the excess card.  I added this to a larger piece of white card and cut four of the Snowflake Corners and Flourish dies in white and glued them into place around the corner edges.  I cut a gingerbread man in tan card, inked through the die with Worn Lipstick for her tummy and cheeks and added red buttons and bow.  I used a regular pencil to add in her eyes and I added a white pencil icing line to the arms and legs and a candy cane in her hand.  I cut the sentiment in red and added both of them to the inside of the frame.  White and red mats and layers were used to complete the card.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 1/4" in size.  I hope you have enjoyed both of the double day offerings and have gained a bit of inspiration for your own cards.  All for now, Sue x








                                                     Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

whoaseigh said...

visit this website view try here navigate to this site have a peek here gucci replica bags

Unknown said...

l6s54h6t56 h0b36b8u64 m3e23l9u27 b5x21m6n56 f3l33d7d87 y1d73n3s96